We care about our customers and know that your privacy is important to you. This Privacy Notice is our way of telling you how we collect your information, why we need it, and how we use it.
- Who are we
- Contacting us
- Information which we may collect about you
- Uses made of your information
- Where we store and process your personal data
- Security Standards
- Disclosure of your information
- Your rights
- Access to information
- Third party sites
1.1. Terrys Bed Centre is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients, website visitors and staff; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
2. Who we are
2.1. We are Terrys Bed Centre Ltd and are registered in England & Wales under registration number 06779636. Our registered address is 23 Alliance Close, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV116SD.
3. Contacting us
5. Information which we may collect from you
5.1 We may collect and process the following data which you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site: This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our newsletters, corresponding with us by e-mail, through a contact form on our site or by any other means, posting material such as ratings and reviews, requesting further services, searching for a product, placing an order or by contacting our Customer Services Team;
- Information that you provide when you make purchase
- Information that you provide when you enter one of our competitions or participate in one of our promotions;
- Information that you provide when you report a problem with our Site
- Information that you provide through surveys or when asked to give your opinions about our services and products;
- Contact details (such as your phone number and e-mail address);
- Personal details (such as your name, age and address); and
- Other details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders (such as your intended delivery address and financial details).
5.2 We may also collect and process the following technical information automatically when you visit our site, log-in or make a purchase:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, your login information, details of the type of device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your browser type and version, your time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors and bugs, the length of your visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the Site and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information stored on your Device which you consent to share with us (such as contact information, friend lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content) (you can typically turn off this functionality at any time by changing the relevant settings on your device);
- any details of your current location which you consent to share with us (you can typically turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the ‘location services’ settings on your device); and
- information provided to us by third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, wi-fi, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies).
6.1. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on the hard drive of your device and they enable a server to collect information from an internet browser. You can find out more about how cookies work at www.cookiecentral.com.
- personalise our site to you. For example, to try and ensure that language and region displays are correctly configured for you;
- allow you to use our site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient. For example, by allowing you to store items in an electronic shopping basket;
- improve our site. For example, knowing how our users navigate our site and use its features allows us to streamline the user experience, speed up searches, identify bugs, make enhancements and ultimately get you to the right page and product faster;
- review the popularity of our products and advertisements with reference to platform, location and other related factors;
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- provide faster and more personal service by collecting information in respect of any accounts which you have on our Site;
- collect anonymised information about the websites from which users have travelled to our Site;
- store information about any preferences which you set, so we can do things like greet you personally and speed up your log-in when you come back to our Site;
- identify which of your device(s) you use to access our Site or any account which you have registered on it; and
- prevent credit fraud and various forms of cyber-crime.
The cookies we use:
- may persist on your device between visits to our Site, so that, for example, we can identify you when you visit again; and
- may be provided either by us or by third-party service providers (such as analytics and search engine providers).
6.3. You can set your browser to accept or reject certain cookies or, if you prefer, you can set your browser to alert you each time a cookie is detected. Previous cookies that have been stored on your device can also be deleted. However, if you block our cookies or you subsequently delete a cookie that has been placed, it will not be possible for you to use our Site effectively as our systems rely on cookies to identify you as the user.
7. Uses made of your information
7.1. Information you give to us:
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
- Additional profile information (such as date of birth, gender, location and preferred language)
- Your payment information (such as your credit/debit card number, security/CVV code, and expiration date)
- Your communications and contact history with us (such service call recordings, chat and instant messages, or communications with our social media channels)
- Other information (such as product reviews, forum posts, survey responses, participation in promotions, and other user-generated content)
7.1.1. We will use information you provide to us in order to:
- allow you to quickly complete the payment details section of our checkout process with the details of any cards that you have successfully purchased products with on our site before;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- personalise and tailor the products presented to you on our site:
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, enquired about or viewed on our site;
- if you submit your e-mail address in connection with any rating or review you submit on the site, allow us or our selected third-party service providers to contact you about your review and/or for related administrative purposes;
- should we feel it is necessary to do so, check the validity of any credit or debit card presented for payment, its credit status in relation to the value of the relevant order and whether the address data of the purchaser is correct. Where deemed necessary request additional personal information to verify the validity of the transaction;
- review the popularity of our products and advertisements with reference to platform, location and other related factors;
- if you give us your phone number or e-mail address, contact you to confirm the despatch of, arrange the delivery of, or otherwise discuss, products which you order from our site; and/or notify you about changes to our service.
7.2. Information which we collect about you:
7.2.1. We will use the information we collect about you in order to:
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and/or
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
7.3. We may combine information from other sources with information you give to us and that which we collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
8. Where we store and process your personal data
8.1. The data that we collect from you will be stored on secure servers within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) The majority of such data is held within the UK.
8.2. Certain information may be accessed and processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services (such as content moderation or the maintenance of our data storage facilities).
9. Retaining personal information
9.1 This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
9.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
9.3 Not withstanding the other provisions of this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law
b. if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceeding
c. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
d. to support the ongoing business purposes of Terrys Bed Centre (with due consideration for the rights and freedoms of individuals privacy)
10. Security Standards
10.1. We are checked each year to confirm that we meet payment card industry data security standards.
10.2. Please note that, notwithstanding the steps we take, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
11. Disclosure of your information
11.1. First and foremost, you can rest assured that your personal information will not be shared with third-parties unnecessarily. The types of disclosures which we may make are set out below.
11.2. We may also disclose your personal information to third-parties:
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as suppliers, marketing companies, software vendors, consultants, and advertising partners and delivery partners.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data we hold about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- if such disclosure is required for the purposes of processing a payment, checking the validity of any credit or debit card presented for payment, its credit status in relation to the value of the relevant order and whether the address data of the purchaser is correct;
- 11.3. Disclosure of anonymised and aggregated information: We may also share anonymised or aggregated versions of the data which you provide to us to third-parties such as our advertisers; and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site. This includes (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type.
11.4. This anonymised data will be collected using cookies, which alone cannot identify any individual.
12. Your rights
12.1 You have a number of rights under the Data Protection Act including:
a. The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data e.g. via this privacy notice
b. The right to access your personal data
c. The right to have any inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
d. The right to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
e. The right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data in certain circumstances
f. The right to data portability – to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
g. The right to object to our use of your information in certain circumstances e.g. for marketing or profiling purposes
12.2. If you would like to access your own personal information or exercise any of the rights detailed above please contact us via the Contact Us form on our website.
12.3. In the majority of cases, we will respond to your request within 30 days after receiving the necessary information required to deal with your request
12.4. We may ask you to supply appropriate evidence of your identity and residence (for this purpose, we may request a utility bill / official statement showing your delivery / and or current address) and any additional information to help us to deal with your request effectively.
12.5. There may be some exemptions to dealing with your rights as specified in Data Protection law, but House2aHome will ensure you are fully informed of this within 30 days of receiving your request.
13. Third party sites
We may provide links to third-party web sites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of these third-party websites and do not endorse such practices. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of third-party websites before providing any information to or through them.
14.1. We are committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any concerns about how your data is being used please contact us using the details under the “Contact us” form on the website. If you are not happy with our response, or you believe that your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, you can contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK. Details of how to do this can be found at www.ico.org.uk.